Thursday, September 28, 2006

Through the Looking Glass

I finished moving into my new apartment today. Aside from the fact that it has a second bedroom, it is almost identical to my last place. Almost, except for one critical feature; it is a mirror image of my last apartment.

At first I thought it wouldn't be a problem until I realized that I had just entered bizarro land. Sure the layout is flipped. Sure I can adjust to opening the fridge on the other side and facing the other way when I sleep. But what they don't tell you in the funny pages is that not everything is flipped. For example, the hot water is still controlled on the LEFT side of the faucet and I still have to drive my car on the RIGHT side of the road (thanks for clearing that up, officer). I have to overcome the over 1 months of deeply ingrained behavior that I acquired in my last apartment. It may be no easy task.

Aside from entering a new dimension, the new apartment is great; the dining room is wider, I have a walk-in closet, and the view of downtown Denver is fantastic! I have decided that, after moving everything I own from place to place for the 3rd time in as many months, that I am going to live here for the rest of my life; or at least pay someone to move my stuff next time I go. Books are heavy.

On another note, I finally got a hit on one of my job applications; the first since I've moved out to Colorado. I have a phone interview coming up and hopefully all will go well. I'm tired of being a bum.




Soundtrack for the day: J. Barry & J. DuBois - The Jeffersons (Movin' On Up)

No comments: