Monday, September 25, 2006

Return of the Taco



A very significant event occurred in my life today. I was requainted with a part of my past that I once thought that, after much tears and anguish, I had said good bye to forever; the Burger King Taco. Often have I thought back fondly on those deep fried beauties with the imitation Kraft singles slice and the lettuce with just a hint of brown on it for character. I used to gobble those up off the value meal at 2 for 99 cents until one day they didn't show up on the menu and wouldn't return my phone calls. I was heartbroken and I didn't eat for close to a week afterwards, but all wounds heal in time and I got back on my feet.

Who would have thought that after that whirlwind romance and ensuing apocalyptic collapse that over 6 years later I would walk into a Burger King in Aurora, CO and see these words that made me weak in the knees:


2 tacos $1.39




I asked the guy at the counter if those were the same tacos that I used to know, and he assured me they were. And sure enough, when they arrived, we picked right back up where we left off just like old friends. It just goes to show you that sometimes life throws some pleasant surprises your way once in a while.




Soundtrack for the day: Weird Al Yankovic - Taco Grande

No comments: