Monday, November 17, 2008

Should have done this before the election

My political stance in graphical form

During this whopper of a presidential campaign that we just endured, I was often asked the question of what political party I belonged to. I usually answered with some combination of the following statements. I don't strongly identify with either party (or more accurately, I do identify strongly with certain platforms of both parties). When it comes time to vote, I will choose the candidate that I believe will do the most good, regardless of their platform. Now that it is all said and done, and the fate of the free world is no longer in peril, I decided that I should figure out where I fit in.

Since I use online quizzes for everything from finding out which Simpsons character I am to what kind of accent I have, I took a Political Stance test from Political Brew:


On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Liberal (29).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Liberal (34).

Your score is on a scale of 0 to 100, with 0 being fully liberal and 100 being fully conservative.


While this does not necessarily tie me to a particular party, it's nice to know where I stand.


"Whatever you do, do it in moderation"

1 comment:

erith1 said...

I actually ended up exactly where I thought I would:

On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Liberal (33).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Conservative (73).

So my dot is in the lower right quadrant in the medium grey band.